Happy New Year!
I have some running goals that I’d like to share. I feel like putting them up on a blog for everyone to see will make it official looking and help me hold myself accountable to them.
- 13/13.1/13. I want to run 13 half marathons (13.1 miles) in 2013. What better year to do it than this one? With my Rock n’ Roll Tour Pass set for 2013, at least ten of them will already be paid for, and the other three will be wherever I choose to be.
- Run 2013 km in a year. This approximately comes down to 1250.82 miles, or about 24.05 miles a week. I aimed for 1200 miles last year, and slacked off by about 280 miles.
- Run a Half Marathon in under 1:50 (8:25 / mile). I’ve been trying to achieve this goal for the last six months with fail. Some hill comes during the race, it gets too hot/cold/windy, etc. that leads me to slow down and not achieve this goal.
- Be Proficient at Cycling. I’d love to be able to do a triathlon in 2014, and in order to do so I’ll need to seriously get into biking aside from my commutes. Sometime this year I’ll have to purchase a new bike along with new gear and train on it. I’m a horrible swimmer, but I’ll get around to it.
- Do a Duathlon. After training on a bike, my plan is to get going on duathlons (run 10K/bike 40K/run 5K), which should prepare me for a triathlon. I’m hoping this happens sometime in the later half of the year.
- Write more! This blog certainly feels neglected at times, and I’ll be sure to update this more with of my journeys.